Holdem Freaks

Go Back   Holdem Freaks > The Shark Tank Advice & Answers From The Sharks > Texas Holdem > Upcoming Events

Old 10-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Straight

Misty is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Misty Send a message via Yahoo to Misty Send a message via Skype™ to Misty
Default ~delete~

~deleted~by me

Last edited by Misty; 10-14-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Straight

Send a message via MSN to Misty Send a message via Yahoo to Misty Send a message via Skype™ to Misty

~deleted~by me

Last edited by Misty; 10-14-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Owner

CaliNaughti is on a distinguished road
Ranks Showcase
2010 Top Chick May HF 1x TLB Champion 
Total ranks: 2
Attn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty View Post
40 viewers read my thread and only 1 member from this forum joined my tourney. How sad....

Thank you so much Rosie (MoReal) ...you'll never know how much I appreciated your presence there, especially since you were the only one who attended. You have a friend in me...so anytime you need anything, just ask.

Thanks again hun ...

All the best to you and gl at the tables,

- Toni

ps: I hope you enjoyed yourself hun, lots of very nice and cool people there
Hi Misty,
I am one who read your game, but probulary like alot of folk here at the forum, we have other things going on and maybe didnt want to play a $1 game. I dont like $1 games personally myself and am the first to admit it.

I play when I feel like playing or have absolutly nothing else going on in my life especially on a weekend when i have my kids here at home. Its isnt sad that I couldnt play..I dont think thats a wise choice of words when I put my family first or just dont want to play. Before 6pm is very hard for me as I work, and have family at home. Especially on weekends.

Im glad you were able to get alot players in the game! Thats completely awesome!! I play other games too when I have the time. They ARE alot of fun and I have a great time..I dont play 1$ games..I do play 3$ though. But I am sure they understand when I cant play due to family obligations and just dont feel like. I hope this exlains why I or/and others didnt play.
Cali

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the donkey, I will fear no river....

I Fear No Stack

CalifNaughti

Last edited by CaliNaughti; 10-13-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:02 PM
Straight

~deleted~by me

Last edited by Misty; 10-14-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Advanced

skippy76 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to skippy76 Send a message via Yahoo to skippy76

Misty when i first read your post, three words came to mind. (what the f@#k) The thing that is sad about this is your attitude. You had a tournament that for the most part, wasnt something many folks were interested in. It happens, it has always happened and probably will continue to happen. Hell i have set up several tounaments that no one wanted to play. When you post a tournament here, no one is required to play in it and no one is required to leave a message about why they wont be at a tournament. Bashing the members of this forum for not playing your game is unacceptable.

Now, as far as Cali's post....She wasnt speaking for everyone, nor was she trying to. She simply told you how she felt about it. For you to infer that she is not friendly or nice because she doesnt like $1 games is way off base and even farther out of line. You may have friends that play much higher stakes, who cares... this isnt a high school popularity contest.

You can continue to post you tournaments here, but dont expect anything different.

I'll tear me open, make you gone
No more can you hurt anyone

And the fear still shakes me
So hold me, until it sleeps

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:10 AM
Advanced

rcgs59 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to rcgs59 Send a message via MSN to rcgs59 Send a message via Yahoo to rcgs59 Send a message via Skype™ to rcgs59
Ranks Showcase
2009 Late TLB Champion 
Total ranks: 1

Dear Misty, everyone, has choices of what tournaments and what level of rate payments to go in at. what Cali just saying is there is everyday life to. Weekends are hard, with family life, but it's great that you got a good decent turn out. Cali wasn't coming across with an attitude at least I didn't see it that way. Hope things work out. I play a wide range from $1.10 and up to even big ones so it doesn't matter to me, it's family first, then what ever I have time for then poker.

Take care Rose
I love the game of poker for the competition, the psychology, the never-ending quest to improve, the advanced and sometimes minute complexities not everyone sees when they play, and the enjoyment of succeeding after giving all your energy to reach a goal that may at first seem unattainable but that you find a way to make it possible

For the Love of Poker

Rose
Old 10-14-2009, 01:50 AM
Do or do not

Yoda is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yoda Send a message via Skype™ to Yoda
Ranks Showcase
HF 8x TLB Champion 
Total ranks: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty View Post
choice of words? Cus I said it was sad that out of 40 lurkers only 1 showed up at my tourney? The sad I was referring to was the 40 LURKERS in which no one bothered to reply to this thread saying just what you said above...

Why do you feel you need to speak for everyone? Did you poll them? So the outcome was that out of the 40 lurkers they all feel the same way you do?

And why bother replying to this thread now? Did I ask anyone here why they didn't attend my tourney? NO...I did not. I simply thanked Rosie ...that is all. I don't see anything bad in my thread that I should be apologizing for...but this attack on me or this sudden reasoning of excuses is uncalled for.

What I would have liked (which didn't happen)...was a few replies before tournament in this thread, saying that you couldn't make it ...that you had family but the comment you make "that you don't like 1 dollar tournaments" in my opinion is a shallow one & stupid also, sorry to say.

So if a friend invites you ...that's what you'll say? Ok then, let's take me for example.....I don't much like 5.50 tournaments...why do I play them cus I enjoy the company, the good friends and this site.

I had approx 30 players in there and I was happy enough since I was playing 2 tournaments at same time. I did enjoy myself and it was a great turnout (ask MoReal) & lots of good clean fun.

btw...

I had players in there that play for much MUCH...higher limits (look them up if you find some spare time) and they actually hate dollar games too!!!

You know the reason they came? Out of friendship for me (they made the exception) and they're nice enough to say "what the hay, let's have some good o' fun". .... and I'd also like to add that the ones who couldn't make it were NICE enough to reply to my posts or message me personally or pm, saying reasons why.....(well everyone from all the other forums, all except this one)

Guess friendship for you won't change the fact you hate 1 dollar tournaments huh? That was a sorrowful excuse not to attend my tourney, cali. The family part I can accept, but this "you hating dollar games" when (well I thought I was a friend) invites you to a tourney, that I'm sorry...I'll never understand it.

Games are suppose to be a fun time with friends and a few laughs (that's what you first said to me when I joined your tourney). Seems things have changed for you and the GAMES or the amounts matter most.

Whether the game is a dollar or 5 shouldn't matter...guess that's where we are different. For you, the hatred of a 1 dollar game comes before a friend.

Way out of line here in a lot of ways.
1. Noone who reads post is required to respond to it.
Why would i? If im going to play, I just show up and play. We have tons of views of our daily games, yet only 15-20 play. People know this forum for evening games and not for afternoon games. I for one saw the post, but wasnt sure if i would be home or not. Do you really think Im going to come post that I cant make it?

2. You have been gone about a month on Full tilt playing there and we have heard nothing from you. you could have easily reminded us of your game and any of our normal games. A friendly reminder would have gone a long ways.

3. You attack on Cali is absolutly obsurd. She tried to explain reasons why people may not have gone to game and you go off on her. Where did she attack you?? you remarks on 40 lurkers and SAD seemed more like an attack to me.

4. Im sure the forums you have been visiting lately were the people who were at your game. Did that ever come to mind? you probably posted there and reminded players.

5. If you were a friend, wouldnt you have joined our games to remind us? maybe even pm us on yahoo??? Did anyone here get that?? NO. I for one would have if this was the case and if I was home.

6. I really want to go into what you said on shallow and stupid, but im just not gonna go there. Just to easy.

Last edited by Yoda; 10-14-2009 at 01:53 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:57 AM
Straight

~deleted by me~

Last edited by Misty; 10-14-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Banned

Melina 07 is on a distinguished road
Ranks Showcase
HF 1x TLB Champion 2010 Top Chick May 
Total ranks: 2

I like to say a few words on this if i may

First off I think Misty did have a lil attitude on her post about 40 lurkers not one response and only one forum member joining do I blame her NOPE!!!!! not the first time or second time and maybe not even the third time Misty has posted with 0 response and maybe that's not a big deal to some but to Misty it is.
Misty all forums are the same period

there are really really popular people like Cali and then there are popular people like yoda , barron , duck, and then medium popular like myself, hcal real deal phish ect then the less popular people like Misty, darby status, boltman , money, ect now if Cali makes a $1 tourney at 4 pm on a sunday Loads of people are gonna join and respond to her posts, if yoda or barron or duck make it again a lot of people but maybe not loads , now what if me hcal or real deal phishfinder made it would get a good turn out but not huge now if you boltman derby or money made it a lot less maybe people that were sitting in from of comp anyway you know no real effort to join

now with that being said its not a popularity contest its you get out of the forum what you put into a forum think about it Cali puts more into this forum then any other single person here so people go out of their way for her to thank her for the forum and her hard work. Yoda Barron Duck are mods and work really hard for the forum and get that in responses and members joining special things they make now me hcal and realdeal and phish radio hosts so popular in a smaller way cause well we don't do as much work as the mods or Cali but we do do more then the average joe do you get where I'm going with this you boltman derby money don't always play and don't post a lot on forum sure the other forums your a member at joined your tourney and responded more Misty that's cause you spent last month contributing there

YOU GET OUT WHAT YOU PUT IN
You Put In A Negative Post and got Negative Responces Back

Cali doesn't need people to defend her but see how everyone steps into defend her that's cause without her no forum

Here is my reason for not playing cause i had hand on register its cause i knew a lot of the names on there and there were to many Donks in there for me sure it was only $1 but Ive been real nasty lately over some bad plays against me and I thought id spare anyone from having to hear me freak on someone else for a donk ass call so i didn't join i didn't respond to post either cause well i rarely do

I hope that all made sense cause i strongly believe its true don't look at this as you thinking we want you to leave rather we want you to contribute more

Last edited by Melina 07; 10-14-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:14 AM
Straight

~deleted by me~

Last edited by Misty; 10-14-2009 at 12:07 PM.