Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 57
Lower Buyins Twice a Week? - Holdem Freaks
Holdem Freaks

Go Back   Holdem Freaks > Announcements > Suggestions & Feedback

Old 05-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Owner

CaliNaughti is on a distinguished road
Ranks Showcase
2010 Top Chick May HF 1x TLB Champion 
Total ranks: 2
Default Lower Buyins Twice a Week?

I was curious and would really like everyones, and I mean EVERYONES...input on this. Would you all like a couple of the nights to be lower buyins? Lets say like 2 days a week? We could have like Fri and Sun or any other 2 nights be $3 buyins? I am game for anything you all want you just have to let me know so I can figure it out. I dont need to do the math for you all, you all know what you spend.

I will be honest and say that I do prefer the $5 buyins but will play any we have here. We can keep it mixed up with $5 buyins and bring in the $10 buyin in middle of month and last day of month. Please let me know what you all think. YOUR input DOES matter to me. I can have this taken care of by midweek if we get input.
Thank you
Cali

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the donkey, I will fear no river....

I Fear No Stack

CalifNaughti

Last edited by PokerRef; 06-02-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2010, 07:00 PM
Advanced

Raise, Ha! is on a distinguished road
Ranks Showcase
HF 2x TLB Champion 
Total ranks: 1

I think most prefer the $5 buy ins. When you win it really sucks to win $20 and then need to ship $3 for TLB. That's my take but I'm just one voice.

Those calling for $1 buy ins are going to find themselves alone at the table. I know my time isn't worth wasting for a few bucks. Life's too short.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:14 PM
Straight

Walnut Dog is on a distinguished road
Ranks Showcase
HF 1x TLB Champion 

perhaps one day could be $3 early game and $10 late game...an attempt to appease all.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:09 PM
Advanced

rcgs59 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to rcgs59 Send a message via MSN to rcgs59 Send a message via Yahoo to rcgs59 Send a message via Skype™ to rcgs59
Ranks Showcase
2009 Late TLB Champion 

leave the $10.00 for only the end of the month not twice a month, and perhaps once a week for the $3.00 buy in's, do the mix games the $3.00 game as the attendance is lower? The other suggestion ? Cali is set up a poll for people to decide

$10.00 Once or twice a month

$3.00 once or twice a week

$1.00 once or twice a week

or this

$10.00 end of month

$3.00 once /week

$5.50 all other times

for me I don't want to play $1.00 or $3.00 games more than once per week, or $10.00 more than once per month
I love the game of poker for the competition, the psychology, the never-ending quest to improve, the advanced and sometimes minute complexities not everyone sees when they play, and the enjoyment of succeeding after giving all your energy to reach a goal that may at first seem unattainable but that you find a way to make it possible

For the Love of Poker

Rose

Last edited by rcgs59; 05-31-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:49 PM
Super Mod

Barron40 is on a distinguished road
Ranks Showcase
2012 Top Dick Sept HF 2x TLB Champion 

I personally will not play the $3 games. Too much trouble and too lengthy for so little for me.

I have always been game for the $10 games.

But others may prefer.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:46 PM
Owner

CaliNaughti is on a distinguished road
Ranks Showcase
2010 Top Chick May HF 1x TLB Champion 

No poll for this needed. Just input here is fine. I like words and reasons. I do agree with Barron, I dont like lower buyins and I do prefer $10 buyins and would like to do a mid month and end of month too.

Ducky and I have made a $20 Buyin before and did well a few times. I'd even be game for a $20 buyin for Omaha H/L!! (this can be just for fun no points)
We had fun and everyone seemed to play better?

We have 14 games a week...7 days a week. Most dont play every game..We can make 1 night to start with of $3 Buyins just to get a feel. I am willing to use one of my nights to do this.
Cali

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the donkey, I will fear no river....

I Fear No Stack

CalifNaughti
Old 06-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Banned

Melina 07 is on a distinguished road
Ranks Showcase
HF 1x TLB Champion 2010 Top Chick May 

i kinda like the $3 once a week in the mixed game so 1/14 that should make everyone happy and bring up mixed game attendence
Old 06-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Do or do not

Yoda is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Yoda Send a message via Skype™ to Yoda
Ranks Showcase
HF 8x TLB Champion 

The $3 game is just a feeler to see what we can get. Problem is how do we get the word out that we having a $3 game? Only the normal players will know about it. If we kept it a few weeks and keep it same day, we might be able to get a following. It may help bring more members in more of a social thing, but who knows. I play a weekly $3 tourney in wed night where its very friendly with a $3 buyin. about the same amount of people as ours. Maybe I can try to recuit from there.

I understand Barron and Markys point, but I think we can at least try it out for maybe the month and see what happens. them dump if it dont work. LEts give it a try for now

Only issue is the $3 to doom and how to handle it. Maybe just make it $2 no matter the number of entries?? just a thought.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Gunn56

yeah i like the lower buy in maybe the points game should be 5 50 then the late late game should be 3 dollars or 2 dollars im new to the forum but just suggestion maybe even take a poll and see what the members think
Old 06-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Straight

KMCWA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to KMCWA Send a message via Yahoo to KMCWA

Ok here's my 2 cents. I'm fine with lower buyins. Once a week would be good to start. It might attract a few more players. The possible downside is the lower the buyin the more chance of getting some real donks. That has been my experience in low stakes games.