Holdem Freaks

Go Back   Holdem Freaks > Announcements > Suggestions & Feedback

Old 11-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Pair

Peteyweestro is on a distinguished road

I suggest we stop anymore " honor system " games as i have been forgotten 3 times now when a honor system payment should have been sent to me.So whether they forgot or they just decided not to i think the thing just doesn't work here
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2010, 10:56 PM
High card

playmoneepro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteyweestro View Post
I suggest we stop anymore " honor system " games as i have been forgotten 3 times now when a honor system payment should have been sent to me.So whether they forgot or they just decided not to i think the thing just doesn't work here
Peteyweestro, if i am one of the 3 you are referring to, i apologize. Yoda just text me asking me if i paid you and there was some confusion since I never told him i was in the last longer prop bet nor have i ever played any other prop bets here on this site. the reason i don't play in any prop bets are because of personal superstition. i join that mtt since a lot of hf were in it. now i know that i should not play any sng or mtt if one or more of you guys are in it since i guess i am require to participate in any and all prop bets. btw, if for example like last night people assume i won and started sending me one dollar, i would have sent it back and said i was not in it. I really don't need to earn 1 whole dollar that way. anyways, i will send you the dollar...no biggie.

Last edited by playmoneepro; 11-09-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Advanced

Raise, Ha! is on a distinguished road
Ranks Showcase
HF 2x TLB Champion 
Total ranks: 1

The honor system thing has always been hit or miss. I think most people enter with good intentions but the fact that it's a buck or two makes it a very low priority. I too seem to forget unless I write myself a note and put it right in front of me.

I'd say that a friendly reminder the next time you see the people is in order. To some it's a very important matter and they pay promptly, to then get stiffed is not right. Again though, a "friendly reminder" is in order.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Pair

Peteyweestro is on a distinguished road

i didn't or should i say usually don't say anything because it is only a lousy dollar but when i saw that it had been done to me 3 times and because i believe in principles i finally said something. I know for me, when i commit to something i don't forget, because even though this is a virtual world we interact with, we are only as good as our word. Maybe i am old fashioned like that, so even were it 10 cents if i gave my word then you could count on it, nah mean