Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 57
Donations Button Coming - Holdem Freaks
Holdem Freaks

Go Back   Holdem Freaks > Announcements > Suggestions & Feedback

Old 05-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Owner

CaliNaughti is on a distinguished road
Ranks Showcase
2010 Top Chick May HF 1x TLB Champion 
Total ranks: 2
Official Donations Button Coming

I think its time that we put up a Donations Button just like the majority of all the forums have. For the last 2 years Mark and I have been funding the majority of all the games here. Mark has contributed well over $40 a month and I pay for HoldemFreaks Radio every month ($15) and I pay for the Bubbler Game, Trivia Game and Safe Crackers. This doesnt include any bounties that Mark and I have set forth on games.

There are alot of members who put up bounties and it doesnt go unnoticed. We appreciate everyones contribution. This week is the last week I am funding the games. I am however funding the HoldemFreaks Radio and donating $100 to the TLB Year End Game. I am hoping that there are some members out there that would like to help. The Donation Button will be put on the Home Page soon.

If anyone in the mean time has anything they want to contribate, please send to me CalifNaughti (redding) or Raise, HA! (elkgrovevillage) on PokerStars. Anything will help on keeping the games fun and entertaining.

Thank you
Cali

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the donkey, I will fear no river....

I Fear No Stack

CalifNaughti
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Advanced

rcgs59 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to rcgs59 Send a message via MSN to rcgs59 Send a message via Yahoo to rcgs59 Send a message via Skype™ to rcgs59
Ranks Showcase
2009 Late TLB Champion 
Total ranks: 1

As always a great Idea, I have always sent in bounties, and sent extra, so count me in
I love the game of poker for the competition, the psychology, the never-ending quest to improve, the advanced and sometimes minute complexities not everyone sees when they play, and the enjoyment of succeeding after giving all your energy to reach a goal that may at first seem unattainable but that you find a way to make it possible

For the Love of Poker

Rose
Old 05-18-2010, 04:20 PM
I am still 'DAMAN
Admin

Holdem Freak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Holdem Freak

Ok everyone the button has been put up. This is not a requirement to play in our games or be on the site. It is merely a way to help offset the costs of running the site and fund games like freerolls and bounties.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Advanced

Raise, Ha! is on a distinguished road
Ranks Showcase
HF 2x TLB Champion 

Having that button is a great first step. Taking some of the burden off of Cali and I will help tons!! I assume it will take some time for the donations that do arrive to actually get turned into the cash we need. In the mean time, regular players who'd like to fund something IMMEDIATELY may do so by forwarding a donation to Cali or I.

Thanks To All!!!
Old 05-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Advanced

StarlightCoast is on a distinguished road

Human nature being what it is while a voluntary donate button is a decent enough concept, the actual success of such ideas is usually less than anticipated.

i think that if you want to have little extras in these games and not have just one or two people footing the cost, then a more forced entry fee system is in order and at the same time, the overall cost to the individual player is actually reduced.

HF has 2 games a night costing each player that plays both of them a total of $11 each and every night and some days the buy-in is more. over a 3 month span, this is costing each player $990. Supposing, HF created a league that played twice a night, lasted 3 months, and the buy-in was only $3.30. Entry fee for the league $20. Total cost to the player for the same time span including entry fee less than $620.

Now we will assume 20 people have signed up for the HF league. Each paying the $20 you now have $400 that can be utilized for all the fun stuff that people like so much.

$10 bounty once a week on King of The Hill Total 3 month cost $120
Safe Cracker once a week total given out $10 Total 3 month cost $120
Give out $5 once a week for your trivia game night. Total 3 month cost $60
This leaves $100 left over to go to the league winner, or a 50/30/20 split for the top 3 finishers, or $50 for the league winner and a $50 freeroll for the top 9 league finishers.

All these fun little extras has been equally paid by the participants.

All costs for the "extras" have been covered by the players, the lower entry fees to the tournaments means the actual cost over the 3 month span is lower and quite frankly, you would keep out a certain section of the riff raff and unwelcome like Freddy boy. LOL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Advanced

Raise, Ha! is on a distinguished road
Ranks Showcase
HF 2x TLB Champion 

Not a bad analysis at all StarLight Coast. As should be fairly obvious, Cali and I are just now beginning to re-assess the games with an eye on total costs for players and the level of contributions by those that do the contributing. We do recognize that $11 (or more) nightly can add up quickly and must be offset by the occasional cash or players often get frustrated and leave.

The current TLB is a yearlong commitment that will most likely remain as is but I can envision a few tweaks in it next winter. Input such as yours will help shape our future approach.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Advanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raise, Ha! View Post
The current TLB is a yearlong commitment that will most likely remain as is but I can envision a few tweaks in it next winter.

I feel this may be an error to wait so long because by doing so you and Cali and whoever else have 7 long months of paying out, but I can understand your desire not to change the rules in mid stream.

There are also other ways to run leagues of differing price ranges. Make 1 league a $1.10 buy-in, run it for 2 months and charge $1 to each participant. league winner gets the money collected. This could be a mini league for those whose BRs are on the small side. This way you could hhave 5 or 6 leagues each year, wityh 5 or 6 people as league winners. Any money left over is for a freeroll for the winner of each league. The different ways of approaching it are almost endless and each one can be worked in a way where it is a community supplied reward rather than a pocket picking one of a select few.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Banned

Melina 07 is on a distinguished road
Ranks Showcase
HF 1x TLB Champion 2010 Top Chick May 
Total ranks: 2

I told yoda maybe a week or so ago that we need to make the games $3 not $5 people arn't playing for the money its for points and the people

I think starlites first post is absolutly perfect considering paying $20 to league fund and $3 a night comes out cheaper then $5 a night alone

I hope this goes threw

Last edited by Melina 07; 05-19-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Advanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melina 07 View Post
people arn't playing for the money its for points and the people

In that case make the buy-ins $1.10 I'll bet a lot more regs would be able to show up on a nightlty basis

Old 05-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Admin

Sick Fish has much to be proud ofSick Fish has much to be proud ofSick Fish has much to be proud ofSick Fish has much to be proud ofSick Fish has much to be proud ofSick Fish has much to be proud ofSick Fish has much to be proud ofSick Fish has much to be proud of

More people would play if the buy-in was smaller rather than pay a league fee in my opinion.
League fees have been tried in the past on different forums that I've been part of and the results were never really that good. The numbers for game entries went down which always resulted in removing the league fee.

Thanks for the suggestions SC. It's nice to get suggestions.