Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 57
Changes to Sunday Night WTA Payouts. - Holdem Freaks
Holdem Freaks

Go Back   Holdem Freaks > Announcements > The Lounge

Old 08-08-2017, 09:45 AM
Advanced

Raise, Ha! is on a distinguished road
Ranks Showcase
HF 2x TLB Champion 
Total ranks: 1
Default Changes to Sunday Night WTA Payouts.

Back when Black Friday happened and the online poker community got shafted by the Federal Government I began hosting weekly games for Holdemfreaks paying $25 each week to the winner. It was my hope to keep members engaged while the government sorted things out.

Here we are these many years later where literally the only people in America who are saying "tax us and let us do our thing" still can't get noticed. I just can't do this forever when there's no point.

Accordingly, after August's games have concluded, I will host one game each month that pays $25 to the winner only, that will be the first Sunday each month. All other Holdemfreaks regular Sunday night games will be converted to $5 last longer's with contributions from the players themselves.

As always, there's no obligation to participate in the last longer pool.

Thank you in advance for your understanding in this matter.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2017, 10:14 AM
Super Mod

dinkers is on a distinguished road

Mark,

Just want to thank you for all you have done over these years for the league and it's players.....Your generosity in funding the Sunday games is greatly appreciated and has not gone unnoticed, even though we do not say thank you enough or as often as we should.

I do still have hopes that real money games will be legalized again in our country though lol.

"The work an unknown good man has done is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground green." ~ Thomas Carlyle
Old 08-28-2017, 09:34 PM
Super Mod

Barron40 is on a distinguished road
Ranks Showcase
2012 Top Dick Sept HF 2x TLB Champion 
Total ranks: 2

Well said. I fully agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkers View Post
Mark,

Just want to thank you for all you have done over these years for the league and it's players.....Your generosity in funding the Sunday games is greatly appreciated and has not gone unnoticed, even though we do not say thank you enough or as often as we should.

I do still have hopes that real money games will be legalized again in our country though lol.

"The work an unknown good man has done is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground green." ~ Thomas Carlyle
Old 08-28-2017, 09:35 PM
Super Mod

Barron40 is on a distinguished road
Ranks Showcase
2012 Top Dick Sept HF 2x TLB Champion 
Total ranks: 2

Well said. I fully agree.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:45 PM
Two Pair

CATLICKER is on a distinguished road

Conservative estimate of $2,500 and probably more. One can only imagine what you must donate to a non-poker playing charity. I'd like to nominate Mark for "Poker Ambassador of the Decade" The only bad thing I can think of about the Duckman, is that he is a damn good player !!! Thank You, Mark... Big Respect !!!